Effective Date: May 21, 2018
Spyder Active Sports is the controller of your personal data via our website.
We may process your personal data when you submit it to us in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you contacted us through the channels listed on the Contact Us page on our Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer service support.
- Products or services you request: Where you request a product or service from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
- Third Party or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and/or public sources, for example providers of technical payment and delivery services.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name and title), contact data (including postal address, email address and telephone numbers), financial data (including payment card details), transaction data (details of products you have purchased from us) and profile data (including your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
We may process any personal data provided to us to better provide you with both products and services. Including but not limited to:
- Providing you with the products and services that you have requested from us.
- To enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website or Customer Service.
- To notify you of any changes.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the Marketing section below.
We may contact you to provide you with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous purchase by you. You may also be contacted by one of our selected partners, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contact us at Customer Service: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing purposes where we need to issue a corrective or safety notice, or where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional corporate standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of our customers’’ personal information. As a customer, you will be given the opportunity, at least once per contact, to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
We may share your personal data with:
- Other companies within the Global Brands Group.
- Our selected commercial partners and sponsors where you have chose to participate in surveys, opinion groups or other marketing-related initiatives relating to your use of our products and services.
- Our service providers. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us.
- Our distributors, business partners or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our website
We may also disclose your personal data where required to respond to authorized requests from government authorities or where required by law.
Spyder Active Sports is based in the United States of America ("US") and if you are located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") this means we are transferring your data outside of the EEA.
Most of our external third parties are also based outside of the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it.
- The US is part of the Privacy Shield which requires the US to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US. For further details, see the European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes were collected it for, including the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and applicable legal requirements.
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
EEA Residents: You may have the right to request (a) access to the personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act took effect on April 21, 2000 and imposes certain requirements on websites directed toward children under 13, that collect information on those children, or websites that know they are collecting information on children under the age of 13.
Spyder Active Sports does not sell products for purchase by children under 13 through our Website. Youth-oriented products are sold for purchase by adults only. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Spyder Active Sports is committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
When we run a contest or sweepstakes relating to this Site, it will be accompanied by a set of rules and/or guidelines. The rules for each contest or sweepstakes will specify how the information gathered from you for entry will be used and disclosed..
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you contact us, we will do our best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.