What is Spyder's warranty policy?
Spyder offers a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship applicable on select products. Spyder warranties outerwear only, including outerwear jackets and outerwear pants. Spyder's warranty is only valid on items purchased through an Authorized Spyder Dealer to the original purchaser, and the purchaser must provide an original receipt for purchase.
Define "Limited Lifetime Warranty"
Limited Lifetime Warranty means that your garment will be free of manufacturer defects for a practical life span of the product - it does not mean the garment will last your lifetime. Lifetime of a product is determined by the amount and type of use plus care of the garment. All garments eventually show signs of wear, and wear-and-tear is not covered under Spyder's Limited Lifetime Warranty.
What will Spyder do with my garment?
First we will determine if the garment is under warranty coverage. At Spyder's sole discretion we will first try to repair a warrantied item; if we can't repair the item we'll replace it at equal value. Repairs that are not covered under warranty will be repaired at the owner's expense. You'll be notified of this choice before we commence the repair process. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for repairs not covered under warranty. Be advised Spyder will repair to functional utility. Zippers, pulls, logos and snaps will be repaired or replaced to the best of our ability. We're good, but a repair often looks like a repair; for instance, Spyder uses custom colors and snaps and we may no longer have the original zipper color or snap design in stock. Spyder does not perform alterations.
What is NOT covered under Spyder's warranty?
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, incorrect laundering, or natural breakdown of colors and materials over time and usage
- Items not covered under Spyder's warranty include race suits, bags/luggage, accessories, socks, gloves, hats, and layering pieces (sweaters, t-shirts, turtlenecks, baselayers, and fleece)
- Pant legs slashed by your ski edges? Slap your tuner on the back and congratulate him on a sharp edge, but the cuts are not covered under our warranty
- Goose down feather pull-through is normal and not warrantied
- Natural UV fading of colors
- Real or faux fur
- Damage to water repellent coatings due to duct tape application, melting, or abrasion
- Spyder does not warranty purchases through eBay, consumer resale sites such as Craig's List, or Outlet Stores
- Counterfeit products
How do I return my garment for warranty evaluation?
Follow these steps:
- Wash the garment. Government regulations require that all garments be cleaned before returning, or they will be cleaned at the customer's expense.
- Bring the garment back to an authorized Spyder dealer to process the return for you. Remember to bring your receipt. They'll take it from there.
- If you prefer to contact us directly, you'll need to call our Customer Service department for a Return Authorization (RA) number: 303-544-4000. It's helpful if you have your garment in hand when you call so we can help you locate the style number. Any return product that does not have a RA number will be refused.
- Write the RA number clearly on the outside of the box, and ship the product to: SAS Warranty 14800 E. 35th Place Building #9, Suite 200 Aurora, CO 80011 Don't forget to include your name, telephone number and street address (no P.O. boxes) with the shipment.
How long does a warranty/repair order take?
Dependent on the time of year, there is a 3-week turnaround. Some repairs may take longer if we have to order material or parts.
Who pays for shipping on a return?
We'll split it; you pay for shipment to Spyder. We recommend you insure the shipment to Spyder; Spyder is not responsible for uninsured, lost, or stolen packages. We'll pay for shipment back to you via FedEx Ground service.
The Warranty Small Print
- In Europe, Spyder offers a 2-year policy, and is subject to individual country's laws and regulations.
- Within the US, rights under US warranty laws vary state-to-state.
- In Canada, warranty rights may vary by province
Does Spyder make repairs?
If the repair is not covered under warranty, we'll be happy to repair it for you. There will be a reasonable cost involved, but we'll notify you first of any charges. Be advised repaired garment most likely will not appear brand new. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express for repairs not covered under warranty. Note: the only things that last forever are death, taxes, and a love for skiing. If you've had your jacket for 10 years and a zipper broke, we suggest it's time to treat yourself to a new jacket.
How should I care for my Spyder apparel?
To wash, follow the care label on the inside of the garment. Zip all zippers prior to washing, and close all Velcro. To boost waterproofness, we recommend NIKWAX Tech Wash. Use caution around heat sources, including register heaters and fireplaces. Technical fabrics can melt, and this is not covered under our warranty policy.
Can I use a waterproofing product when I wash my skiwear?
Sure. We recommend NIKWAX TX Direct; visit NIKWAX for options and follow the package's instructions.
Can I get a replacement zip-off sleeve (goggle wipe, belt, etc) for my jacket?
Sorry, due to storage, production, and constantly progressing designs, we can't replace lost components.